Disclaimer, Policies & Terms of Services
By booking with us you are agreeing to everything listed below:
1. BOOKING: Due to a high volume of requests, please complete the payment to confirm your booking. Events must ideally be booked at least 1 week in advance.
2. EVENTS: Mermaids are only available for family-friendly events. We reserve the right to decline an event.
3. RATE: The rate is $100US/hour/mermaid within a 50km area from the mermaid’s location. If available the mermaid could travel for certain events. Transportation fees then apply. Please send us your request and we will get back to you with a quote.
4. CONTRACT: By paying the invoice, client confirms the booking and agrees to the following terms & conditions.
5. PAYMENT: Fully refundable up to 7 days prior to the event. Any cancellation after 7 days will result in a $50US late cancellation fee. The total amount must be paid at MINIMUM 48 hours before your party. It is imperative that your total amount is paid in advance so that MerMagias can have appropriate time to process and prepare your booking. Your performer should be tipped for a job well done.
6. PERFORMER: We do our best to cast every performer according to your preferences. A client’s performer request is based on availability of performers and is NEVER guaranteed or promised.
7. CANCELLATIONS & RESCHEDULING: If we cancel on you for any reason, you will be refunded in full. If a client chooses to cancel a party due to weather or unforeseen circumstances or illness, the client may reschedule the event for up to a month from the original event date based on availability. Events can be rescheduled once, free of charge, as long as the rescheduling happens at least 7 days in advance of the party.
8. ADDITIONAL TIME: The client understands that a timely departure is necessary in order for the performer to safely commute to his or her next event. If a client wishes a performer to stay longer than the booked time, the client must speak to the manager or the performer at the party about the matter. Staying additional time is at the discretion of the performer/manager. If additional time is needed, the manager must be paid an additional $50US per additional 30 minutes.
9. CHANGE TO PARTY START TIME: Changes in party start time by request of the client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability. Any changes must be made within 48 hours of the party date. Client agrees not to hold total amount which must be paid at MINIMUM 48 hours before your party. It is imperative that your total amount is paid in advance so that MerMagias adjusts to weather or other cases of force majeure that may cause delayed start time of the event.
10. CHANGES TO PARTY DURATION: Changes in party duration by request of the client will be accommodated at the discretion of the booking team and are based on availability. Any changes must be made within 48 hours of the party date.
11. VENUE: Proper accommodations will be provided by the client. If rain occurs and the event has been scheduled outdoors, it is the responsibility of the client to arrange for an indoor event. Activities may be affected depending on the conditions. Mermaids must be given the ability to walk to the pool and change without guests present. After the change occurs, guests may enter the room/yard. Guests must then be ushered out of the room for the mermaid to change into “human legs” and carry out of the facility.
12. PHOTO RELEASE: Our managers may take photos at your party as a training or marketing tool. Any you publicly post any photos to any of our social media pages and any photos taken are hereby signed as release to be used by MerMagias including but not limited to website, social media, and promotional use. If you do not want any pictures of your party released you must specify notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. DAMAGE: We understand that accidents happen, however, the client may be held responsible for any damage deemed EXCESSIVE to costumes and property of MerMagias during client’s event. The cost to replace/repair damaged/broken costumes or materials will be billed to the client.
14. DISCIPLINE & PARTICIPATION: The performer is responsible for the flow of the event and activities. IN THE CASE WHERE KIDS ARE PRESENT, the client is responsible for monitoring disruptive behaviour and attending to any minor participant or non-participant. CHILDREN SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO CLIMB OR HANG FROM THE MERMAID AT ANY TIME.
15. ADULTS SUPERVISION: At the time being, we can only offer one-on-one mermaid classes, but adults and kids are welcome to stay and enjoy the class/performance. However, we ask that the parent.s or guardian.s attend to the needs of their children for the duration of the party. Onlookers must keep the noise level to a minimum so the attendees can adequately hear instructions from the performer.
16. ACTIVITIES: MerMagias purposefully plans plenty of activities and games so that the performer never runs out of things to do. If the client has a request for the activity order preference they should make this known at least 48 hours before the party. If no preference is given, it is up to the discretion of the performer to decide the activity order. All performers are trained to read the room and lead activities in the order they feel best suits the needs of their guests. The performer will do their best to complete all activities, however, if unforeseen circumstances do not allow all activities to be completed they may stay up to 5 minutes past the party end time to complete the activities at no additional cost.
17. LIABILITY: The client agrees to hold and keep harmless MerMagias and its performers from any and all property damages and/or bodily injury damage caused by the client or any/all guests. In any water activity, parents, children, adults and performers all choose to swim at their own risk. MerMagias, its performers, and its executives may not be held responsible for any medical incident. By agreeing to hire MerMagias INC., you agree and understand that there are inherent dangers when swimming, and also when swimming with a mermaid. While lifeguards, other adults, mermaids, and mermaid assistants all work together to ensure the safety of guests, when it comes to MerMagias INC., you understand that mermaid participation is at your own risk, and you accept all responsibility. WE CANNOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SAFETY OR WELL-BEING OF ANY GUESTS OR CHILDREN AT YOUR EVENT. You agree to not bring any charges or claims against MerMagias INC., or any of their performers. We recommend wearing floaters for kids that are not good swimmers. The mermaids are NOT BABYSITTERS.
18. SAFETY: Our performers are trained to keep the safety of your guests in mind at all times. If there is ever a situation where the performer.s or manager.s feel unsafe, they will address the issue with the parent/guardian/client/organizer. If the issue is not resolved, the performer will leave. We hold the right to leave at any time due to safety concerns.
19. MANAGERS: If your party has a manager present the manager’s role is to assist the character and NOT to manage children/guests.
20. YOUR EVENT: Party details can always be found on your invoice and will be sent in an email confirmation.
21. BREACH: Any breach in this contract automatically constitutes a cancellation in your party/event and any and all payments made to MerMagias will be forfeited by the client.
22. POOL TEMPERATURE: Should ideally be at 90°F/ 32°C the warmer the better. Or at a minimum or 84°F/ 28°C for the mermaid to be able to perform properly and safely. If the pool is at a lower temperature the mermaid may not be able to go in the pool and will sit on the deck for photos instead.
23. RESPECT: The mermaid will leave the event at the first inappropriate behaviour or speech. In such case with no refund.